Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Its been a while

So it has been a long while since my last post.  I have been overwhelmingly busy with the typical end of the year business.  I've been busy with things pretty constantly since spring break.  The break was nice, especially since I got the chance to see my family and show them around Rome.  I had a great time with that, and actually surprised myself with how much I have learned about the city.  I just wish we would have had the weather we have now when they were here... For only a weeks time though, we still saw a ton of stuff!

We stumbled across a reenactment of the murder of Julius Caesar at the 'cat ruins'...

Morgan and I ordered cappuccino from a famous cappuccino artist at the Bar del Cappuccino..

I showed them around some of the highlights of Rome like the Theater of Marcellus...
The Circo Massimo...
St Peter's and the Vatican Museums...
We saw a lot of other things around Rome, most of which I don't have photos from, or at least not photos with my family or me in them.  Mom and Morgan were taking plenty of those...
Highlights from those other places include The Colosseum, Roman Forum, Pantheon, Palatine Hill, the Ara Pacis, the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, the Maxxi Museum (sort of), had dinner in Piazza Navona, ate at a great restaurant called Jero after being invited by the owner while riding the bus, among other things!  I had a fantastic time pretending to be the knowledgeable tour guide.

We also took a day trip to Orvieto. There we saw an old castle/fort, an old well, the Duomo, and wandered around the town a bit.  We tried to make it back in time for Morgan to make it to the non-Catholic Cemetery in Ostiense, but apparently it closed at 5.00pm...

The view from the castle/fort in Orvieto
The Duomo (cathedral)
Inside the Duomo, photos weren't allowed but my camera 'accidentally' took a few...
Streets of Orvieto
These boar heads were all over town.  I have no idea why...
The view down into the well
Dad at the bottom
Spring break was a great time and I'm so glad that I got to see my family!  Thanks for coming over to see me guys!

I just realized that I forgot to post the other half of the North field trip. I'll do that in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment